We recently entertained a guest in our home who was taking diatomaceous earth as a supplement to help with joint pain. Since her visit, we have discovered the greatest potential benefit which we will not refuse! Keep reading and I will explain.
Also known as Fossil Shell Flour, diatomaceous earth (D.E.) is used to kill unwanted insects in the home or vegetable garden. Because this food grade, fresh water form of D.E. is safe for human and animal consumption, it is the perfect organic way to treat fleas by dusting it on your pets, intestinal parasites by adding to pet food, or dust around the home to kill ants, spider, roaches, bed bugs and more.
NOTE: only D.E. that is labeled "food grade" is safe for human and animal consumption!
So we ordered a 50 lb bag of D.E. after our friend departed. Our main hope was to give it to the pets as a worm prevention and use it in our home and garden as an organic insecticide. However, we also decided to try taking it internally as a potential benefit to our health. Then we made a discovery of an unexpected benefit! Keep reading.
- D.E. is naturally high in magnesium which helps the body to utilize calcium (which would help to detox the kidneys from calcium deposits).
- Just as D.E. helps to de-worm your pets, it can also rid humans of parasites. I don't know if we have any intestinal parasites - but if we do, we want to get rid of them!
- D.E. can help with joint pain due to its high magnesium content which helps to lower uric acid levels.
- D.E. promotes healthy hair, teeth, gums, skin and nails. Some testimonials from women even claim that their thinning hair is having new hair growth.
- See the following testimonials about D.E. helping with constipation, lime disease, hot flashes, blood sugar levels, lowering cholesterol and more.
- D.E is a way to detox: heavy metals, harmful intestinal bacteria, viruses and radiation! This is it! This is the great benefit that we can not refuse! D.E. detoxes the body of radiation! My husband, who had colon cancer, chemo and radiation treatments is now taking D.E. to detox his body of that nasty radiation which can linger for decades without encouragement to depart.
There you have it. It seems that we have a natural remedy for every medical intervention that my hubby went through to get cancer out of his body. We have watched the chemo leave his liver by using milk thistle seed powder. We have boosted his immune system by eating lots of green plant foods (which also help detoxify the body), by taking efforts to consume plant based sources of probiotic foods, and by maintaining healthy life style habits with rest and exercise. Now we shall target that radiation! If you haven't met my husband yet, you should check out this blog post where he rants about having a colostomy bag at polebarnthoughts.
So, I think you should go eat some dirt! Below, I will post a video explanation of D.E. and a page that lists the health benefits. We purchased our supply from wolfcreekranch.net. The product is not expensive per pound. Shipping is another story.
Some health benefits http://www.earthyhealth.com/diatomaceous-earth-human-use.html