"The Five Most Dangerous Things To Feed Your Child
- Butter and cheese - full of saturated fat and fat-delivered chemical pollutants
- Potato chips and french fries - rich in trans fat, salt, and carcinogenic acrylamides" (my additional reason added here - also contains blatant or hidden MSG)
- "Doughnuts and other trans fat-containing sweets - rich in trans fat, sugar, and other artificial substances
- Sausages, hot dogs, and other luncheon meats - contain N-nitroso compounds that are potent carcinogens
- Pickled, smoked, or barbequed meats - places you at risk of both stomach cancer and high blood pressure"
Dr. Joel Fuhrman has a website that is a helpful tool for anyone looking for a change in the direction of health and nutrition.
He has a helpful page addressing nutrition in children and referencing his "Disease-Proof..." book, with which I have supplied our married children. There is significant evidence that children who are provided with good nutrition from 2 years prior to conception (the mother's nutritional intake) to 10 years of age can live a healthier and disease-free life. People who have poor nutrition throughout childhood, and beyond, have bodies that can last about 60 years on average. A poorly nourished child will have to work very hard to maintain his or her health into the adult years. In fact, the optimum health of an adult who was poorly nourished child can never be fully achieved.
For an excerpt from his Disease-Proof Your Child, see the following link.