Maybe cancer is not an issue for you, but certainly you know someone who has battled cancer. Here is a good check list of information to help you prevent cancer in your own lifetime. The main cause of cancer is diet and lifestyle. The time to fight it is NOW!
To follow the links for these recommendations, click on the individual recommendations or go to the website through the following link.
Recommendations for Cancer Prevention
These ten recommendations for cancer prevention are drawn from theWCRF/AICR Second Expert Report. Each recommendation links to more details.
- Be as lean as possible without becoming underweight.
- Be physically active for at least 30 minutes every day.
- Avoid sugary drinks. Limit consumption of energy-dense foods.
- Eat more of a variety of vegetables, fruits, whole grains and legumes such as beans.
- Limit consumption of red meats (such as beef, pork and lamb) and avoid processed meats.
- If consumed at all, limit alcoholic drinks to 2 for men and 1 for women a day.
- Limit consumption of salty foods and foods processed with salt (sodium).
- Don't use supplements to protect against cancer.
- * It is best for mothers to breastfeed exclusively for up to 6 months and then add other liquids and foods.
- * After treatment, cancer survivors should follow the recommendations for cancer prevention.