Another encouraging video was just posted on the Vegetarian Society of Hawaii channel. The doctor has much to say to challenge the way we think about losing weight and getting healthy. His prayer at the end in his native tongue is a blessing.
Terry Shintani, M.D. (lawyer, doctor, nutritionist) - "The 7 Step Health Makeover"
- Doctors are not trained to heal.
- Obesity is on the rise in the U.S.
- Common diseases are related to our diet.
- 4th leading cause of death is pharmaceuticals.
- (my favorite quote from this video) "Why would a doctor prescribe the 4th leading cause of death (prescription medication) for the 16th leading cause of death (diabetes)?
- Queen and worker bees have identical genetic information. The queens genes express different characteristics because she is fed a different diet!
- Epigenetics - altering gene function without altering DNA - discovery of dietary influences connected to the expression of your genes.
- You can lose weight by eating more (increase nutritional density, whole food carbohydrates and eliminate all animal based foods).
- The best exercise is . . . the one that you are willing to do regularly.
- Nature won't let you get fat when you eat food in its unprocessed state.
- Educate yourself about food. Most people don't understand anything about eating whole foods.
- Animal products (or things with a mother) are the sources of all cholesterol - there is no cholesterol in plants!
- Don't take yourself off you insulin medications without doctor supervision!
- High carbs are not the cause of diabetes.
- Diabetes, GERD, high cholesterol, arthritis, and headaches can disappear with a high starch, whole food and animal-product-free diet. You are the one who can make them disappear when you decide what you eat.